- TESTS – some tips for staying calm before, during & after.
- 3 easy steps to stress-free revision
- Females & autism
- I am worried about my son’s online gambling – how can I help him?
- My mood has been low recently – what will help me feel better?
- The Wheel of Emotion – helping you understand what you feel.
- Giving a name to your emotion can help you control how you feel.
- How to get the most out of your study time.
- How to stress-proof your Christmas
- The benefits of positive emotions & how to boost your own feel-good factor.
Category Archives: teenagers
This year, exams aren’t happening in the usual way. Instead pupils are taking tests and completing assessments. These might be during class time or more formally in the gym hall. This can still be a nerve-wracking experience. Here are some tips … Continue reading
A study of 96,000 European school students aged 15-16 years old has shown that 23% of boys report that they have gambled online for money and 12% report doing so frequently (2-4 times a month or more). There is growing … Continue reading
There have been a number of news stories this week reporting studies into teenagers, access to social media and the effect on their mental health and sleep. So what does it all mean for you as a parent, and for … Continue reading
Video games are commonly believed to make children who play them more aggressive, irritable and unable to concentrate. However, a recent review of the evidence by Paul Howard-Jones at Bristol University found this not to be the case. The key … Continue reading
Exams, and the period of revision beforehand can be stressful. However, there are some things you can do to ease the pressure and help you cope better with the stress. Part One – TIME MANAGEMENT Draw up a revision timetable. … Continue reading
Self-harm is still a taboo in society and self-harmers and those close to them often keep silent out of shame and embarrassment. A recent study found that 1 in 5 teenagers say that they self-harm. You aren’t alone and it’s … Continue reading